Facebook is the pioneer of what is known as social media. It changed how people interacted with each other, and it made Emails look obsolete. Even after 17 years of its launch, it still has over 2.9 billion monthly active users. Even though using Facebook is pretty straightforward, we all have accidentally sent friend requests to random people. In case you got stuck in the same pickle and are wondering how to cancel sent friend requests on Facebook? Then we have got the solution for that in this article.
It has become an integral part of our lives at this point. Every individual who owns a smartphone has a Facebook account. However, that doesn’t mean everyone knows how to get around problems such as this. We understand that a small percentage of users are new to this platform and might need a hand with such issues. Just stick around till the end, and your issue will be resolved.
Cancel Sent Friend Requests On Facebook | Is It Possible?
Facebook changed how we make friends; it became easier to get acquainted with someone without physically meeting them. It not only helped us socialize but also turned into a platform to run businesses with ease.
We all have run into this issue of adding someone to our friend list accidentally. If you happen to be in a situation and wondering how to cancel sent friend request on Facebook? Then we are here to assist you with it. We have explained how you can get out of this nightmare by following some simple steps.
Just stay tuned to learn how to take back a friend request you sent accidentally.
How To Cancel Sent Friend Requests? | 100% Working Method
We have explained how you can get yourself out of this pickle without much trouble. All you have to do is follow some simple steps in order to cancel that friend request.
Make sure that you understand these steps before you try to execute them. Please adhere to these steps strictly, and this will be over before you know it. The steps are mentioned below.
Delete Sent Friend Request | Using The Facebook Webpage
This procedure is applicable for the browser application of Facebook. Make sure you adhere to the steps strictly.
- Visit the www.facebook.com URL and log in if you aren’t already.
- Look for an icon on the top right corner that will have a shadow of two persons.
- Click on that icon, and you will see the sent friend request in the pop-up window.
- You will see “Delete Request” next to the friend request. Click on the request that you wish to delete.
- In order to cancel a sent friend request, click on the search bar.
- Type the name of the individual you sent the request to.
- Once done, hit enter on your keyboard.
- Click on the profile of that individual and wait for it to load.
- Click on “Friend Request Sent,” which will appear on the top right of the profile page.
- Once the window appears, click on “Cancel Request.”
And that’s it; you have successfully canceled the friend request that you either received or sent accidentally.
Delete Sent Friend Request Using The Mobile App
Getting rid of a friend request is equally easy if you use the mobile application instead of the browser page. Follow these simple steps to delete the unwanted requests.
- Launch the mobile app.
- Look for three horizontal lines(lower right-iOS) and (Upper right- Android).
- Tap on “Friends.”
- You will find an icon that says “Requests” at the top of the application.
- Once you tap on “Requests,” you will see all the friend requests you have received.
- Tap Cancel(Android) or Undo(iPhone) to cancel the friend request you have sent.
That’s it; you have successfully removed the unwanted friend request that you sent. Now you can delete whichever friend request you desire.
Facebook does not have the best user interface. Sometimes it is tough for users to cancel sent friend requests on Facebook. However, the process is very straightforward, but the option for deleting friend requests is hard to find.
We have included all the information that you will need in order to learn the process. The steps are easy to follow and understand. If this article helped with the issue you were facing, feel free to share it with friends. If you have anything to add, then let us know about it down below.